5 INGREDIENT GROUND BEEF ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (optional topping)
- 1/2 avocado, chopped (optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×11″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Cook until meat is no longer pink and fully cooked (about 6-9 minutes).
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked ground beef, half of the enchilada sauce, and half of the cheese.
- Place 4 of the tortillas on the bottom of the prepared baking dish, ripping them if necessary to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Top the tortillas with half of the beef mixture, half of the beans and drizzle with 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce.
- Repeat all layers one more time.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and cover pan with foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until casserole is cooked through.
- If desired, top with tomatoes and avocado.