Baked chicken breast with zucchini and tomato
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- ¼ cup grated cheese or 4 cheese slices
- garlic powder or 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into ½ inch | 1 cm thick slices. Season the zucchini slices with salt and pepper and put them aside.
- Wash the chicken breast fillets, slice them half and rub them with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder or crushed garlic to taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook both sides for 5-7 minutes, until the meat is white.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Grease an ovenproof dish and place the seasoned chicken breasts into dish.
- Put a slice of tomato on the chicken, then a slice of zucchini, repeat it. Finally sprinkle the top with the grated cheese and ¼ teaspoon of oregano and basil.
- Place the dish in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese on top of the baked chicken is golden brown.
- Serve it immediately with rice or mashed potato and salad.