Baked Eggplant Parm
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium eggplants. sliced into 1/2″ thick rounds
- 1 1/2 c. Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. marinara
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 c. thinly sliced basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. In a shallow bowl, whisk together Panko, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and Italian seasoning.
- Season with salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs with 2 tablespoons water and season with more salt and pepper.
- Dip an eggplant slice into egg wash,then dredge in Panko mixture. Place on baking sheet. Repeat to coat all eggplant slices. Spray tops lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake until soft inside and golden and crisp on the outside, 30 to 35 minutes.
- In a large baking dish, add a cup of marinara and spread evenly. Add an even layer of eggplant slices, then pour 1 1/2 cup marinara on top.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella, half of the remaining Parmesan, and fresh basil. Repeat process once more to use up all ingredients.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, 15 to 17 minutes more.