BETTER THAN TAKEOUT SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 3 cups cooked rice *
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Add vegetable oil, 1 Tablespoon sesame oil and shrimp to the skillet and salt and pepper.
- Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side.
- Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice and shrimp to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce and 1 Tablespoons sesame oil on top.
- Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.