Charred Romaine and Steak Salad with Whipped Burrata and Basil Oil
- Steak of choice grilled and thinly sliced
- Romaine hearts cut in half lengthwise leaving the roots in tact
- Olive oil for brushing on romaine
- Salt and pepper
- basil oil recipe link in post
FOR THE WHIPPED BURRATA:
- 8 ounces balls of burrata drained
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Using a food processor or immersion blender, blend burrata and lemon zest for only 20-30 seconds until fluffy and whipped. Set aside.
- Grill steak to your liking. Remove from grill, tent with foil and let rest while preparing romaine.
- Brush the cut sides of the romaine with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the romaine, cut-side down, until lightly charred but not overly wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip and grill for 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Transfer romaine wedges to a platter.
- Slice the steak and place on romaine.
- Drizzle basil oil over the steak.
- Scatter dollops of burrata on the lettuce.
- Serve immediately while still warm.