Cheesy Taco Sticks
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 tube Pillsbury Pizza Dough
- 5 colby jack and cheddar cheese sticks, halved
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a large baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet, breaking up with a wooden spoon until fully browned and crumbled. Drain any fat and return skillet to stove top. Mix in the taco seasoning packet (but no water), and stir until fully coated. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.*
- Spread the pizza dough out until it’s flat and cut in half lengthwise and then 4 cuts up and down, creating a total of 10 small rectangles. Place about a tablespoon or more of the taco meat in the center of each pizza dough, top with a halved cheese stick and then carefully roll up the pizza stick, making sure to pinch all seams closed.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic powder and parsley in a small bowl and brush it on the tops of the cheesy taco sticks. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve hot with your favorite taco toppings!
Yields: 10 Sticks
*You can use leftover taco meat in this recipe. But if you do make the full 1 lb. of ground beef, you will have lots of leftover taco meat, so you can freeze it and save for later use!