CHICKEN FAJITAS QUESADILLAS
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 medium green bell peppers sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas burrito size
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix all of the ingredients for the fajita seasoning in a bowl
- and set aside.
- Cut the onion and bell peppers into strips. Place them in a large 13×9 baking dish. Slice the
- chicken breast into thin strips and add it to the baking dish with the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the meat and vegetables. Drizzle the vegetable oil over
- everything and then use your hands to toss the ingredients until they are well coated. Bake
- for 35-40 minutes, stirring once half way through.ALTERNATE SKILLET METHOD:
- In a bowl, sprinkle fajita seasoning over the chicken and toss to coat the chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil over medium/medium-high heat, and add the chicken.
- Saute the chicken for 7-10 minutes until it’s fully cooked and golden brown and slightly charred.
- Remove chicken from skillet to rest on a plate.
- Add the remaining Tbsp of vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the onion and peppers to the skillet and saute for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, mix with peppers and onions and cook for about 1 minute.TO MAKE THE QUESADILLAS:
- Add a bit of butter or oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add 1 flour tortilla, sprinkle one half of the tortilla with a little cheese, then add a handful of cooked chicken fajitas, and top with another sprinkle of cheese.
- Fold the other half over to create a half circle. Pat down with a spatula. Cook for a few minutes, until golden brown on the bottom.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla over to cook the other side until golden brown. Remove to a plate, slice and serve.
- Serve garnished with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.
- Serve with whatever dips you’d prefer.