CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE
For the cake:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour.
- 2 cups sugar.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- 1 cup buttermilk.*
- 2 large eggs.
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 cup prepared instant coffee.**For the Pumpkin cream cheese fillin
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, room temperature.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- 1-2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.**
- 1/2- 1 cup pumpkin puree. ****
- 1 egg large.
- 2 Tablespoons flour.For the chocolate glaze:
- 1 4oz semi sweet chocolate bar, chopped.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Heat the oven to 350F.Make the cake batter:
- In a deep bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and sugar, mix well.
- Add oil, beaten eggs, milk and whisk.
- Add prepared coffee and mix again, you’ll get a watery batter and not thick on, it is ok do not add more flour.Prepare the pumpkin filling:
- In a bowl, beat, cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add pumpkin puree gradually and keep testing it. ****
- Add the egg and flour then beat again.Assemble the cake:
- In a prepared bundt cake, add 1/2 of the batter then scoop up the cream cheese filling trying to avoid – as much as you can- touching the sides of the pan.
- Pour the remaining batter and make swirls in the cake using a butter knife.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until it is done or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven, leave it in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer it to a cooling rack to cool completely.Make the glaze:
- Place the chopped chocolate and corn syrup in a bowl and set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add heavy cream and sugar.
- Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved and the mixture is hot.
- Pour over the chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Pour glaze over the chocolate cake.*****
- cut into pieces and serve.
- * Make your own by combining 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
- ** You can use 1 cup of your preferred brewed coffee.
- ** You can also use other spices like ground ginger, nut meg .. cloves.
- **** I kept adding pumpkin puree and taste the filling until I got to the good taste for my family which was 1/2 cup.
- I have a kid who does not like pumpkin at all so I did not want to overdo it. If it was for me I would’ve added the whole cup.
- ***** It is easier to for glaze through a squeeze bottle.