CHUNKY MONKEY BANANA CREAM PIE
FOR THE CAKE BOTTOM:
- 2 cups Medjool Dates
- 1/2 banana
- 1 1/2 Tbs coconut nectar
- 1 1/2 heaping cups unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate, broke into pieces
FOR THE FILLING:
- 3 cups unsalted peanuts
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 heaping cup coconut nectar
- vegan dark chocolate shavings (I used a knife, but feel free to use a mandolin for similar results)
- 1 1/2 bananas
- unsalted peanuts
- Combine medjool dates, 1/2 banana (reserve the other half for the garnish), peanuts, coconut nectar in the bowl of a blender or food processor.
- Pulse and combine until the mixture forms a rough dough. Be careful not to over proces this!
- Add chocolate chunks to that blender or food processor bowl and just combine with a spatula (this way we don’t need an extra bowl for that).
- Then press the dough into a 7 inch springform that you have prepared with parchment paper, or greased with a bit of coconut oil. Set a side and chill.
- To make the filling, add all the filling ingredients to that blender or food processor bowl and process until really smooth and creamy.
- You don’t want any peanut butter chunks in that.
- Give the filling over the dough, garnish with chocolate shavings, banana slices and peanuts. Chill again or enjoy right away.