- Mushrooms are high in water and it can vary from mushroom pack to mushroom pack how much water is in them.
- To alleviate the extra liquid/softness of the burger saute the mushrooms first in a little olive oil for about 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned and the liquid has been drawn out of the mushrooms. Allow to cool slightly before adding to mix.
I get asked this a lot – how to make it vegan. I’m not a vegan so I have to trust in the comments that you guys provide.
- To not use eggs, most folks go with 1 tablespoon of flax seed meal and 3 tablespoons of water for each egg.
- For the cheese, go with vegan cheese or even nutritional yeast.
- It is NOT recommend to mix this up, shape the patties then hold to cook.
- You cannot do this as the mushrooms will start to seep water and the patties will turn mushy.
- My recommendation is to form the patties, cook per the instructions, allow to cool then freeze. You must cook these fully prior to freezing.
- To reheat just pop them into the oven at 350F for 10-12 minutes or even in a microwave.