CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN RECIPE
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb Chicken breasts Cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp Ginger Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic Finely chopped
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Basil pesto
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes Sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Mozzarella Optional, Shredded, For garnish
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Optional, Shredded, For garnish
- 2 tbsp Basil Optional, Fresh, Thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a wide non-stick pan on medium high heat.
- Add chicken, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and pesto and mix everything together.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Then, uncover the lid and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes until the liquid is reduced a bit.
- Add cherry tomatoes.
- Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and mix it all until well-blended.
- Garnish with shredded mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Serve over pasta and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- I used very plain basil pesto without any seasonings/salt/pepper. If you are using pesto that has all that, you will have to adjust quantities of herbs and spices accordingly.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.