Crispy German Potato Pancakes
- 2 egg
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 6 medium potato, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix in potatoes and onion.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the potato mixture into the skillet.
- Press to flatten. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels.