EASY BREAKFAST NACHOS
- 3-4 medium/large potatoes (any variety would work – I used red)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs (I used 1 cup of Egg Beaters – it’s faster and healthier!)
- 1 pound pork sausage (I used Odom’s Tennessee Pride sausage)
- 1 cup Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes, drained (from a 14.5 oz can)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 and place a baking sheet with a raised edge in the oven. Wash the potatoes and slice them thinly (about 1/8″ thick).
- Place the sliced potatoes in a bowl and toss them with the olive oil and salt until evenly coated.
- Place the prepared potato slices on the heated baking sheet in a single layer
- (try to avoid the potato slices touching so that they will cook more quickly and evenly).
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and cook the potatoes for about 25 minutes. Halfway through baking, turn the potato slices over.
- While the potatoes are baking, brown sausage in a skillet and set aside.
- About 10 minutes before potatoes are done, scramble the eggs (or Egg Beaters) in another skillet and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are done, remove from oven and sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the sausage on top and then cover with the scrambled eggs.
- Add the Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes on top (along with any other desired toppings) and then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Return the pan to the oven for about 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately & Enjoy!!