EASY BREAKFAST POCKETS
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese shredded or cubed
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 4 oz Canadian bacon or other cooked breakfast meat
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or other cheese or your choice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave one minute.
- Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point, all the cheese should be melted.
- Microwave 30 more seconds (it should look like cheese fondue at this point).
- Put the melted cheese and the other dough ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a uniform dough forms.
- (Alternatively, you can mix by hand but make sure to knead the dough thoroughly).
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Press each into a 6-inch circle on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. It helps to wet your hands.
- Divide the filling between each circle of dough. Fold in the edges and crimp to seal. Place back on the parchment seam side down.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- These are freezable. Just cool completely, place in a plastic baggie, and freeze.
- Reheat in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. Microwave times will vary.