Easy Garlic Baked Chicken Thighs
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, about 1-1/2 pounds
- 8 ounces Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 medium)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh arugula leaves or baby spinach
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Trim excess skin and pat chicken dry then generously season with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper on both sides.
- Spread potatoes and onions on baking sheet and toss with one teaspoon of the oil, a 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Nestle the seasoned chicken thighs between the potatoes and onions. Bake the chicken and potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss minced garlic and the remaining teaspoon of oil in a small bowl. After 15 minutes of baking, scatter the garlic over chicken, potatoes, and the onions; continue to bake until chicken is no longer pink, about 20 minutes more. Just before serving, scatter arugula leaves over the chicken, potatoes, and onions.