Easy Nutella Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup canola oil or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup Nutella at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Beat butter, oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients together and stir into wet mixture.
- Spoon mixture into greased or paper-lined muffin tins.
- Place 1 tablespoon of Nutella on top.
- Swirl Nutella into muffin batter with bamboo skewer or toothpick.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°.
- Continue baking an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
NOTE: I did not measure the Nutella with a tablespoon. I dolloped in on so I may have used more than one tablespoon on each muffin.
NOTE: While I used two cups flour, you may find 1 3/4 cup provides a less dense muffin.