Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (cut into pieces)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the butter and cut in using a pastry cutter or two knives, until the butter is about pea-sized and smaller.
- Add the buttermilk and mix until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a rectangle that is about 6 x 9 inches.
- Fold each side of the dough over the middle (like you’re folding a letter) and pat out again to about 6 x 9 inches.
- Cut biscuits out of the dough using desired size of biscuit cutter (I usually use a 2 inch cutter).
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!