Garlic Lemon Butter Seared Scallops
- 1 1/4 lb sea scallops side muscle removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and sprinkle with a pinch of salt right before cooking.
- Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter to a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Get the fat good and hot and almost to smoking point. Add scallops and sear for 1 1/2 -2 minutes on each side.
- They should have a golden crust on each side. Do not overcrowd the pan so if necessary cook in batches. As cooked remove to plate.
- Wipe out skillet. Add 2 tablespoons butter to same skillet over low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant; about 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice and return scallops to pan. Warm scallops for 1-2 minutes; turning several times to get them in the lemon butter.
- Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
- If using frozen scallops they should be completed thawed.
- Let scallops rest for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Make sure the scallops have been dried thoroughly.
- Scallops cook very quickly and become tough and chewy if overcooked.
- Scallops become opaque when cooked through