Green Monster Smoothie Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 strawberries
- 1 & 1/2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º degrees F.
- In a blender, puree the bananas, strawberries, spinach, greek yogurt, honey and peanut butter until smooth.
- You don’t want any chunks. Once blended pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Stir in one egg.
- Gradually add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Place muffin liners in a muffin pan. Scoop the batter into the pan, filling about three quarters full.
- Bake for 16-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool before removing them from the pan. Store in an airtight container.