Grilled Chicken and BBQ Coleslaw Tacos
- 1 small head green cabbage; chopped (about 1 lb/6 cups chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots(about 6 oz whole carrot)
- 1 large red bell pepper; diced
- 4-6 green onions; diced
- 4 1/2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 3 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise or salad dressing (you know that other brand with the tangy zip)
- 4 tbsp Stubb’s Sweet Heat Bar-B-Q Sauce
- 1/8 tsp plus large pinch salt; to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper; to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast(BL/SL); pounded for size uniformity
- 3-4 tbsp Stubb’s Chicken Spice Rub
- Oil (if needed for the grill)
- Corn tortillas
- Prepare the vegetables and combine in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients, sans the large pinch of salt.
- Incorporate the dressing into the vegetables, taking care that they are fully coated.
- Sprinkle the large pinch of salt over the now mixed slaw, and stir.
- Cover and chill for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator, and allow to sit out for a few minutes, just enough time to get the icy chill off them.
- Pound the chicken so the thickness is even throughout.
- Sprinkle the dry rub liberally over each side of the breast, massaging it into the meat.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium-high.
- When ready to grill, if needed, apply the oil to the grates.
- Make sure the flames are not too high, place the chicken on the grill, close the lid and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Pull the coleslaw out of the refrigerator.
- Flip the chicken over and cook covered for another 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the grill and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before dicing.
- Reduce the heat on the grill to low.
- Place tortillas all on the grill, watch them, once they start to curl and bubble (a minute or so), flip them over and cook again.
- Place them in a towel or tortilla holder to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Layer the chicken in the corn tortilla, top with BBQ coleslaw, fold and eat.