GRILLED HASSLEBACK FAJITA STUFFED CHICKEN
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fajita or taco seasoning
- 1/2 each red, yellow and green pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I use the pre-shredded tex mex kind)
- Cilantro (optional for garnish)
- Salsa and sour cream (for serving)Roasted sweet potatoes (optional side)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil and spices in a medium-sized ovensafe dish. Roast in oven for 25-30 min until tender.
- Preheat BBQ to med-high. Meanwhile, make horizontal cuts across each chicken breast; Rub chicken with olive oil and taco seasoning.
- Add bell peppers and red onions to each cut, then put each breast on the grill.
- Cook chicken for 15 min. Remove and top with cheese, then grill another 5 min until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and serve alongside sweet potatoes, topping with optional cilantro, salsa and sour cream.