INSTANT POT BASIL CHICKEN COCONUT CURRY
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1″ cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (we use this variety
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour/starch
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantroRice:
- 1 C. white rice
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 1 Tbsp butter
To cook the rice:
- Place the water, rice and butter in the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the pot, seal the valve, and set the timer for manual (high) for 7 minutes.
- Once done, release the pressure through a quick release and serve.For the curry:
- In the Instant Pot, use the saute setting and combine the chicken, oil and garlic.
- Brown the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, then add in the curry, black pepper, chili powder, onions, dry basil, cardamom, and grated ginger.
- Stir the chicken to distribute the spices evenly, then turn OFF the saute function.
- Pour in the coconut milk, and add the top to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid, seal the valve and set the timer for manual (high) and 5 minutes.
- Once the pot beeps, remove 1/4 C. of the liquid and combine with the tapioca flour/starch – mix until blended.
- Pour that mixture back into the pot and stir to distribute evenly.
- Let the mixture stand for 2-3 minutes to thicken, add the cilantro and stir to combine. Serve over rice.
- May use cornstarch or arrowroot flour in place of tapioca flour.
- Refrigerate leftovers and eat within 4 days.