Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
- 40 oz vegetable stock
- 2 c split peas dry, uncooked
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (more or less depending on preference)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 c ham diced
- Put your Instant Pot on saute and add your olive oil, onions and ham.
- Cook for a few minutes just so onions soften and ham juices come out a bit and add flavor to the rest of your soup.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well so salt dissolves (can wait and add salt at end if preferred).
- Put your lid on and close steam valve.
- Set to manual, pressure, high for 17 minutes.
- Move your steam valve just slightly so the steam releases and carefully lift lid.
- Stir and serve. The longer it sits the thicker it will become. Top with cheese if desired.