LOW CARB KETO BISCUITS
- 1 ½ cups superfine almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream see notes
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray muffin pan cavities with canola cooking oil spray or lightly grease cavities with canola oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, baking powder, garlic powder and onion powder.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, butter. Whisk until smooth. Pour into large bowl with dry ingredients.
- Mix with a whisk or spoon until batter is evenly mixed. It will be quite thick. Stir in cheese.
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter and place into muffin mold.
- The batter is sticky so you will likely need to use a spatula to scrape and remove all the batter from the measuring cup.
- Repeat until all batter is used up
- Bake biscuits about 10-11 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow biscuits to cool slightly before eating.
Yields: 9 Biscuits
- It’s best to bake these in a muffin pan because the batter is very liquid and will spread out too much if you try to bake them free form on a baking sheet.
- The key to the tender and fluffy texture is the use of full fat sour cream However, if you don’t have any sour cream in the house, you can also use cream cheese or plain greek yogurt. See above post for more details regarding these two substitutions.
- The recipe today is for savory cheese biscuits. But you can easily make variations by adding herbs (rosemary, chives, thyme, parsley are all great options) to the batter or swapping the cheddar cheese for a different cheese.