MAPLE BACON PANCAKES
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Mott’s® Granny Smith Applesauce
- 1 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
- whisk milk and egg together until foamy.
- Add maple syrup and applesauce, stir well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture
- Use a wire whisk to stir everything together until just combined, do not over mix
- Mix in 3/4 cups of the bacon (reserving 1/4 cup as a topping)
- Batter will be slightly thick and lumpy,
- Allow the batter to rest while heating a lightly oiled griddle (or skillet) to medium high heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle
- Cook each side for 3-6 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Serve immediately, Enjoy!!