MEDITERRANEAN SHEET PAN BAKED SHRIMP AND VEGGIES
- 1 lb asparagus, tough parts removed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, halved and thickly sliced
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- 1/3 cup Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the sauce. In a small bowl, add all the sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Place the vegetables on the largest sheet pan you have (like this one).
- Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce on top, and work with your hands to make sure all the veggies are well coated.
- Spread the veggies out in one layer. Bake in heated oven for 10-12 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the shrimp. Pour the remaining sauce on top, and again toss to make sure all the shrimp is well-coated.
- Remove vegetables from the oven. Push vegetables to one half of the pan, and add the shrimp on the other half of the sheet pan.
- Shrimp should be in one layer, do not crowd.
- Place pan back in oven. Bake for 5 minutes or so until shrimp is done, do not over-bake.
- Remove from oven. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and parsley.
- Serve with a side of your favorite grain or this simple Lebanese rice.