Mozzarella Cheese Bites
- 1 pound mozzarella string cheese (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cups Italian bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Oil for deep frying
- Preheat deep fryer to 365F (If using).
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and water. Mix together the bread crumbs and garlic powder in a shallow dish, like a pie dish.
- Place the flour in another shallow dish.
- Roll mozzarella pieces in flour, then in the egg mixture, and then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in batches at 365F for about 30 seconds or until golden brown; drain on paper toweling.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.