One-Pot Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 bell peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 1 can (14.5 ounce diced tomatoes)
- 1 can (10.75 ounce condensed tomato soup)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican or Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion, ground beef, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until meat is cooked thoroughly, about 7-8 minutes.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in peppers and cook for about 4-5 minutes until peppers are slightly tender.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato soup, beef broth and rice and combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir, reduce heat to a simmer and cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and transfer to oven.
- Bake on center rack for about 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove from oven.
- Top with chopped green onion if desired.
- Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.