One Pot Ranch Chicken and Rice
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 0.5 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and smother on both sides with ranch dressing.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet; add chicken thighs and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions to skillet and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes; stir in garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add in chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in rice and arrange chicken over rice.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until chicken is done and rice is tender.
- Gently stir in spinach.
- Remove from heat and serve.