ONE POT SUPREME PIZZA QUINOA CASSEROLE
- 2 Italian turkey sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Over medium-high heat, spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and crumble with a wooden spoon.
- When the sausage is cooked add in the red onion, bell pepper, minced garlic, spinach and olives.
- Sauté for a couple minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add in the basil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, tomato paste and tomato sauce and stir until everything is combined.
- Add in the quinoa and water and stir to combine.
- When the mixture starts to bubble, cover with a lid and cook on medium low heat for approximately 20 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese and cover with the lid cooking another minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately, Enjoy!!