OPEN FACED CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
- 2 chicken breasts (See Note 1)
- 1/2 tsp each kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 slices deli ham (See Note 2)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (See Note 3)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pound chicken breast to flatten to 1/2″ or if large, slice horizontally. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Lightly dust each side with flour.
- In a oven proof skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil and butter. Quickly pan sear the chicken on both sides until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes each side. Turn off heat and brush each piece of chicken with divided mustard. Top each piece of chicken with divided sliced ham and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top ham with Swiss cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes and serve immediately.
- If large chicken breasts, slice horizontally for 4 pieces of chicken about 1/2″ thick.
- I often times pick up lunch meat sliced ham and it is super thin and small. I use 3-4 pieces or use 1 large slice from deli.
- I often times pick up lunch sliced cheese and it is super thin and small. I use 2-3 pieces or use 1 large slice from deli.