Ingredient: 2-3 Chicken Breasts 1-2 Cups of Breadcrumbs 1 Cup of shaved Parmesan Cheese 1 Egg 1 Cup of Milk 1 Jar Pasta Sauce Salt Pepper, Paprika, Cumin, Italian Seasoning Provolone Cheese Slices Mozzarella Cheese grated Pasta Instructions: Create an egg wash station by filling a bowl with the milk and combining it with the egg […]
Ingredient: 4 ounces (about half a bag) Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper Kettle Brand® Chips, crumbled 6 eggs, whisked 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, or more/less to taste 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided 1 small white onion, peeled and thinly sliced Instructions: Combine the chips and […]
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large stalk celery, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 pie pastry, store-bought OR homemade
- 1 egg, beaten
make the filling:
- Cook vegetables and chicken: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt and boil the diced potato, carrot, celery and chicken until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Make the roux: In the meantime, melt the butter in a deep, wide skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened WITHOUT browning. Whisk in the flour and cook for one minute, whisking constantly. Pour in the chicken stock and milk, whisking carefully so no lumps can form.
- Cook the filling: Season the filling with salt, thyme and black pepper. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Finish the filling: Stir the potato mixture, chicken breast, peas and corn into the filling. Set aside to cool completely before adding to the pie crust.
assemble the pie:
- In the meantime, prepare the pastry: Use half of the pastry to fill a 9-inch pie plate. trim the edges and set the pie plate into the refrigerator to chill. Roll the remaining pastry into an about 10-inch circle. Place on parchment paper and cover with cling film or a clean kitchen towel. Chill in the fridge as well until the filling is ready.
- Finish the pie: Preheat the oven to 420°F. Place the cold filling into the pastry-lined pie dish. Place the pastry lid on top. Trim, seal and flute the edge. Cut slits into the top as air vents. Brush with beaten egg. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Allowed to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
This is my favourite pie crust recipe:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 4 to 6 tablespoons cold water
Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Cut in the butter until the mix looks like sand and is all crumbly. (I usually just rub the butter into the flour with clean fingertips.) Start by adding 4 tablespoons of water, mixing them in very quickly, pressing the dough together until a ball forms. DO NOT KNEAD THIS DOUGH!! Just a bit of stirring and then pressing together allowed. Chill for at least an hour before using.
Ingredient: 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts Onion diced Green Bell Pepper diced Envelope of taco seasoning or your own mix Flour tortillas 8 oz block pepperjack cheese shredded 8 oz block colby jack cheese shredded Cooking spray Instructions: Dice veggies and saute in large skillet till caramelized. Meanwhile sprinkle taco seasoning […]
Ingredient: 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk 1 ripe banana 4-5 pitted dates 1 frozen banana 2 tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter 1/4 – 1/2 cup ice Optional: your favorite protein powder. I recommend vanilla or chocolate flavored so it doesn’ affect the flavor of this smoothie too much. Instructions: Place all ingredients into […]
- 3 eggs
- 200 g of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 200 g cream cheese
- 300 g of flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 120 g of melted butter
- 150 g raspberry (fresh or frozen)
- 100 g of chopped white chocolate
- 12-15 paper cups
- 1 muffin sheet
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar until creamy, stir in cream cheese.
- Mix flour and baking powder and add. Stir in the melted butter.
- Chop the chocolate and carefully fold in with the frozen raspberries.
- Do not stir too long otherwise the raspberry will stain too much.
- Fill the relatively firm dough to about ⅔ in the molds.
- Preheat the oven and bake at 170 ° C circulating air for about 20-25 minutes.
Ingredient: 1/2 c 1 stick butter, at room temperature 1/4 cup cream cheese at room temperature (I only use the block kind not the kind in a tub.) 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed 1/4 cup granulated white sugar 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 egg 2 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 1 tsp baking soda 2 tsp cornstarch 1/4 tsp salt 2 and 1/4 cups M&M […]
Ingredient: 2 pounds boneless chicken breästs kosher sält or seä sält , to täste fresh cräcked bläck pepper , to täste 1/2 teäspoon päprikä 4 täblespoons butter, divided 4-5 cloves gärlic , minced 10.5 ounces (1 cän) Condensed Creäm of Chicken Soup 3/4 cup wäter […]
- Steak of choice grilled and thinly sliced
- Romaine hearts cut in half lengthwise leaving the roots in tact
- Olive oil for brushing on romaine
- Salt and pepper
- basil oil recipe link in post
FOR THE WHIPPED BURRATA:
- 8 ounces balls of burrata drained
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Using a food processor or immersion blender, blend burrata and lemon zest for only 20-30 seconds until fluffy and whipped. Set aside.
- Grill steak to your liking. Remove from grill, tent with foil and let rest while preparing romaine.
- Brush the cut sides of the romaine with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the romaine, cut-side down, until lightly charred but not overly wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip and grill for 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Transfer romaine wedges to a platter.
- Slice the steak and place on romaine.
- Drizzle basil oil over the steak.
- Scatter dollops of burrata on the lettuce.
- Serve immediately while still warm.
Ingredient: 1 1/4 lb sea scallops side muscle removed 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil 3 tablespoons butter 1-2 cloves of garlic minced 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley Salt & pepper Instructions: Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and […]