POOR MAN’S SOUP
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey (I used ground beef)
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies (or Rotel)
- 16 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables
- 6-8 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 8 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown meat on stove top and drain grease. Combine all ingredients, heat over low for about an hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and voila- dinner’s served!
- Enjoy this low-cost meal, which makes enough to serve a family of four for dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day.
- This can also be prepared for the crockpot.
- Simply brown the beef or turkey and combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Fresh ingredients can also be used if you have them, and are so delish!