- 3 lbs (approx) slab of baby back ribs
- 2 cans (12 oz each) beer
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup hoisin sauce (see NOTES)
- ½ cup grape jelly
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce -OR- soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- juice of 1 lime
Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cooker:
- Remove membrane from bone side of ribs.
- Place all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add braising liquid ingredients to Instant Pot (or any electric pressure cooker). Place ribs in pot, cutting slab in half if necessary to fit them in.
- Cook on meat setting (or high for other cookers) for 15 minutes (after pressure builds).
- Let the pot sit for 5 minutes then release pressure.
- Carefully remove ribs and spread desired amount of glaze over entire rib surface.
- Broil or grill on high heat until glaze caramelizes; about 5 minutes.
- Cut into individual ribs and serve immediately.
Slow Cooker Method:
- Add braising liquid to crock pot. Place ribs in the liquid. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, high 4-6 hours (times approximate).
- Proceed as in Instant Pot method.Notes:
- In a pinch, ketchup may be substituted for the hoisin sauce