SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 Italian sausage links, thawed
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 fresh Italian sandwich rolls
- Place sauce ingredients in slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add sausage, bell peppers, and onions; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in choped basil and serve over sandwich rolls.