Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Split Pea Soup
- 1 1/2 cup green split peas, rinsed
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 – 8 cups (1.5l to 2l) vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Place split peas, sweet potato, carrot, celery, chopped parsley, onion, garlic, bay leaves and broth in your crockpot.
- Season with fresh cracked black pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread and garnish with Parmesan shavings, lime wedges, and more chopped parsley.
- Add diced ham or bacon to turn this slow cooker split pea soup into an omnivore meal!