SMALL-BATCH PUMPKIN BANANA MUFFINS
- 1 extra-overripe banana, 1/2 cup mashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray or grease a 6-cup muffin tin
- In a large bowl, add banana, pumpkin, and sugar. Beat together with a hand-mixer until the mixture is smooth.
- Beat in the melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Next add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix with a fork until just incorporated. (be careful not to overmix)
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the batter and divide evenly between muffin tins.
- Filling muffin cups anywhere from 3/4 full to fully filled. Mine are usually the latter.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the muffins.
- Oven temps and times will vary house to house. Mine are usually done at 22-23 min, for example.
- Allow muffins to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow to fully cool before diving in face-first!
- Hooray muffins!