SPANISH STYLE BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH POTATOES
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 tsbp dried oregano plus 2 sprigs of fresh if available
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme optional
- 2 tsp Spanish paprika dulce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 4 red and yellow peppers small or one large one, sliced
- 1 red onion cut into thick wedges
- 1 lbs baby potatoes cut in half for large ones
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- In a small bowl combine zest and juice of one lemon, minced garlic, dried oregano, paprika and olive oil. Stir with a fork to combine.
- In a large roasting pan arrange chicken thighs, potatoes, onion wedges and whole baby red and yellow peppers.
- Brush everything with the herb mixture above or drizzle it all over, then toss to coat everything evenly.
- Cut the juiced lemon into wedges and dot them around the pan. Do the same with fresh thyme and oregano sprigs if using.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the juices in chicken run clear when pierced and potatoes are tender.
- If the chicken is cooked but the skins are not crispy enough, cook them under broiler for 2-3 minutes until the desired colour is achieved.