SPICY SAUSAGE AND SHRIMP SKILLET
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 medium onion diced
- 2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 green bell pepper diced
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 20 oz. spicy sausage
- spices 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- pepper and salt to taste
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook shrimp until just opaque in center, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to skillet and saute onion until translucent.
- Add peppers and sausage, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If necessary, add another Tbsp of olive oil if veggies are sticking to the skillet.
- Add zucchini and minced garlic to the skillet and stir. Add tomato paste and chicken broth, and stir everything.
- Season with salt, freshly ground pepper and spices (1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes).
- Cook for another 5 – 7 minutes until the sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender.
- Add shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes until the flavors are fully incorporated.