SUMMER PEACH TART
For the crust:
- 250 g gluten free rolled oats
- 50 g buckwheat groats
- 50 g cashews (or any other nuts of choice)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 14 medium pitted dates
For the filling:
- 3 large ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 400 ml coconut milk (full fat)
- 75 ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 2 tsp agar agar powder
To make crust:
- Grease 23 cm loose-bottom tart tin with coconut oil and set aside.
- Place oats, nuts and buckwheat groats in a food processor and mix until coarsely ground.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil, then add dates and process all together until the mixture resembles wet sand texture.
- Firmly press the crust mixture into the bottom and sides of the tin, then place in the fridge, while you prepare the filling.
To make the filling:
- Peel the peaches and cut into smaller pieces. Place them together with the lemon juice in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the coconut milk into a medium saucepan, then add peach puree and maple syrup and stir together.
- Add arrowroot powder and agar powder and keep stirring until both have completely dissolved.
- Bring to boil and allow to cook for approx. 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Using a metal sieve, strain the filling mixture into a small bowl, then transfer it to the tart base.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. Decorate with fresh peach slices, raspberries and strawberries.