Sunday Pot Roast
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast
- salt to taste
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 2 c. beef broth
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1 white or yellow onion, quartered
- 1 lb. baby potatoes
- 1 c. baby carrots
- Sprinkle pot roast with salt and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp. Olive oil to Instant Pot and set to “Saute”.
- When oil becomes hot and shimmery, add pot roast and sear for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Add beef broth to Instant Pot.
- Add vegetables, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and onion soup mix to a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and shake until vegetables become evenly coated with mix.
- Put veggies in Instant pot and distribute evenly around roast.
- Place lid on Instant pot with steam valve closed.
- Switch Instant Pot setting to “manual” and set for 60-80 minutes on “high” pressure (70 minutes seems to work ok, judge the time depending on the size of your roast).
- Do a natural release for at least 10 minutes, then quick release.
- Remove roast from instant pot, slice, and serve with vegetables.
- Use extra drippings from the instant pot to make gravy or au jus.