TASTY COWBOY LASAGNA
- 1 lb browned ground beef
- 1 lb browned italian sausage
- 2 jars tomato based Pasta Sauce
- 12 Lasagna noodles cooked per package instruction
- 12 oz pepperonis two packages
- 4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 4 oz Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350. While the oven is preheating, brown the ground beef and the Italian sausage over medium heat in a frying pan. When browned, remove each from the heat and reserve. Cook the Lasagna noodles according to package instructions and reserve.
- In a 9×13 baking dish Spoon several spoonfuls of the pasta sauce into the baking dish. Begin layering the ingredients as follows: 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the pasta sauce, ⅓ of the browned ground beef, ⅓ of the italian sausage, ⅓ of the pepperonis, ⅓ of the Mozzarella Cheese, ⅓ of the Ricotta Cheese, ⅓ of the parmesan. End with the cheeses on top.
- Place the 9×13 pan on a baking sheet and place on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 45-55 mins until heated through and bubbly. Cheese will be melted throughout and the edges will be browned. If you like yours less browned, lightly cover with aluminum foil for the last 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot. Great with garlic bread and a salad!
- Prepare everything ahead before you try to assemble. Just makes it easier.
- You can brown the ground beef and Italian sausage together and just add as one ingredient if you want and that will taste the same.
- If you can’t find Italian sausage in a bulk form then just use the links and squeeze the meat from the casings and discard the casings.
- If you want some super melty and tasty lasagna, use the fresh mozzarella and WOW! Wonderful! I used the pre-shredded type for the video because I know that is what most American’s use – but if you use the fresh, you won’t be disappointed.
FOR TASTY LASAGNA…
- If you want some super duper tasty lasagna, use the REAL parmesan cheese! You REALLY won’t be disappointed! It is so super flavorful!
- In lots of recipes, you find me doctoring sauces with lots of herbs. Not needed in this recipe!
- Always start a lasagna with some of the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish – it helps prevent sticking!
- After cooking the noodles, I always lay mine out on a cookie sheet and coat with a little spray of non stick spray. Noodles like to stick to one another and this helps keep things unsticky.
- This dish is WONDERFUL warmed over , which is good because it makes a TON! Invite friends over for this dish!
- You CAN freeze this dish for later and it heats back up beautifully!