THAI COCONUT PEANUT SOUP
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/3 cup liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp chili paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce/liquid aminos
- 2 tsp dried cilantro flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 salt, pinch
- 1 black pepper, pinch
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts, chopped
- Optional: bird’s eye pepper, sliced.
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and saute the garlic, shallots, and red pepper until soft.
- Add the chicken, cilantro, liquid aminos/soy sauce, lime zest and juice, peanut butter, chili paste, dried cilantro, cumin, salt, and, pepper.
- Combine over the heat for about 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and coconut milk, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Top with cilantro, peanuts and birds eye pepper.
Yields: 10 cups /// Serving Size: 1 cup