THE BEST CHICKEN PARMESAN
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the chicken breasts between two pieces of saran wrap or parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin or flat kitchen mallet flatten it to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Season with Kosher salt and black pepper.
- In three shallow bowls add the flour to one, eggs to one (and beat until combined) and the panko and Parmesan cheese to the other (and mix).
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then the egg and finally press it into the panko mixture.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a cast iron skillet on medium high heat.
- Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown (it’ll be raw inside still).
- Add the chicken to a baking sheet, add the marinara sauce on top and finally top with the shredded cheeses.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes.