The Perfect Way To Make Apple Strudel
- 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 of 17.3-oz package) thawed
- 3 large Granny Smith Apples peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all purpose flour plus additional for dusting
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- On a non-stick surface dusted with flour, roll the puff pastry into a 12 x 16-inch rectangle.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, toss together the apples, raisins, pecans, flour and apple pie spice until evenly coated.
- Arrange on the shortest end leaving 1/4-inch border on each side. Roll jelly roll style, ending seam side down.
- Pinch to seal the ends and tuck the ends under. Carefully move to the baking sheet.
- Use a sharp knife to cut 4 or 5 slits in top.
- Best together egg and water then brush strudel on all sides.
- Bake for 30-35 minuted until golden. Rest for 15 minutes before cutting into 10 equal portions.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.