TRI TIP TACOS
For the Tri Tip
- 1 tri tip ~2lbs
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs garlic powder
Cilantro Lime Sauce- link to sauce in instructions below!
- 24 soft tortillas
- 2 tsp oil or butter
- Limes- for garnish
How to make tri tip tacos:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine the seasonings to make a rub and rub all over the tri tip.
- Place tri tip in an oven safe baking dish and bake for 25 minutes (or until internal temp reaches at least 135°F medium rare).
- While tri tip is baking, make the cilantro lime sauce!
- Remove the tri tip from the oven, cover with foil, and allow it to sit for 15 minutes before cutting in.
- The internal temperature will continue to rise during this time.
- While the meat is resting heat up your tortillas.
- I like to add a little bit of oil or butter to a skillet, heat it, then let the flour tortillas heat up and brown a little.
- After 10 minutes of resting, cut the trip into pieces.
- Top with cilantro lime sauce and enjoy!
- *For smoking trip tip instructions see post above!
Yields: 20 tacos