Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño, minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 4 large bell peppers
- green onions
- In a large skillet brown meat breaking up into bits. Once cooked through add in chopped onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Remove meat mixture from heat and add in quinoa fire roasted tomatoes, jalapeño, taco seasoning, black beans and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a sharp knife cut peppers in half lengthwise and use a spoon to discard seeds.
- Line peppers on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Using a large spoon divide filling equally between each bell pepper. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until pepper is tender.
- While still hot top peppers with cilantro, avocado and green onions. Serve immediately.