Unbelievable Peanut Butter Pie
- 20 peanut butter Oreos (or regular, Double Stuf is ok!)
- 5 Tablespoons (75g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (180g) heavy cream
- 6 ounces (170g) semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Peanut Butter Filling
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy cream
- 8 ounce (224g) block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups (310g) creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (90g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (200g) Reese’s Pieces, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray or grease lightly with butter.
- Make the crust: In a food processor or blender, pulse the whole Oreos into a fine crumb. Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together, then press into the pie dish. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the rest.
- Make the ganache: Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once it begins to boil, immediately remove from heat then pour over the chocolate. Stir gently until the ganache is smooth. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature. During this time, it will slowly thicken as well.
- Make the filling: Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Spoon the whipped cream into a bowl and set aside. Using the same mixing bowl (no need to rinse clean!), beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract together on medium-high speed until combined. Mixture will be thick. Fold in the whipped cream until smooth. be gentle, you don’t want to deflate that cream.
- Sprinkle half of the Reese’s Pieces on top of the cooled crust. Spread peanut butter filling evenly on top, then spread ganache on top of filling. Sprinkle the rest of the Reese’s Pieces on top.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or even overnight. Slice and serve cold.
Make ahead tip: You can get started on the crust in step 2 and the ganache in step 3. You can keep both in the refrigerator overnight if you’re getting started the day before. Cover both tightly. This pie can be frozen up to 3 months. It’s tasty frozen or you can let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.